Monday – Friday, 1-5 PM
Saturday, 11 AM-2 PM.
Saturday from 10-11 AM is reserved for senior/at-risk patrons.
Items may still be placed on hold online by logging into your account online anytime or by giving us a call for pickup in-house.
Curbside pick up only
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 1:30-5:30 PM
Give Sharon a call (270-539-4601) before you come so she can get your items together.
Auburn remains closed until further notice.
The library is going to look different for a while. Please keep in mind:
- Masks are REQUIRED. Please help us comply with the law and protect our most vulnerable patrons. One can be provided, if needed.
- All returned materials should be placed in the outdoor bookdrop so we can continue our quarantine procedures for staff/public safety.
No returns will be allowed inside.
This means items will not come off your account right away. Please give us a few days before letting us know we missed something.
- There will be strict occupancy limits.
If we are full when you get here, you will be asked to wait outside.
- There are no children’s toys and seating is extremely limited.
We encourage folks to grab-and-go so we can serve as many people as safely possible.
- Computer usage will be strictly limited to two hours.
We highly encourage you to work from a thumb drive to protect your work. There will be no time extensions. Computers available will also be spread out and limited.
- Staff will be unable to provide one-on-one computer help
If you believe you will need assistance, please bring a friend or family member
- We have a regular cleaning schedule, but it is easiest to keep everyone healthy if we avoid surfaces that are difficult to clean, so we encourage folks to browse as much as possible without touching.
- 6 foot social distancing is encouraged.
- If you don’t feel safe coming in person, our digital checkouts. are still available
- There is extremely limited seating indoors, but Wi-fi will reach your car in the parking lot.
- Limited laptop seating
- We are not accepting interlibrary loans until further notice.
- No donations, please.
For the foreseeable future, all programming will be held online. Check out our calendar for a list of online events and links.
Thank you for being patient with us while we figure out how to navigate this unprecedented time. If you have questions, suggestions, or needs, email us at
World Health Organization (WHO)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Barren River District Health Department
KY Cabinet for Health and Family Services: COVID-19
National Foundation for Infectious Diseases
Normal services, more checkouts
These normal services have expanded their checkout limits for the duration of the shutdown
- Kentucky Libraries Unbound, 15 checkouts at a time. Ebooks and audiobooks. No library card? Register with your phone number.
- Hoopla, 12 checkouts a month. Ebooks, comics, audiobooks, music, movies. Currently, certain items do not take from your checkout limit.
- Kanopy, 12 checkouts a month, Documentaries, movies, and more.
Kentucky Virtual Library
Some of these services are always available, some are only available in the library, and others are only available during the shutdown. Please be aware that access may change in the coming months.
Ancestry, Library Edition for genealogy, through December 31, 2020 (email firstname.lastname@example.org for login)
TeenBookCloud for unlimited teen and middle grade ebooks
Tumblebooks gives you links for:
- Tumblebook library for children’s read alongs and middle grade ebooks
- AudioBookCloud for unlimited audiobooks
- RomanceBookCloud for unlimited romance ebooks
- Audible is providing free children’s audiobooks for the duration of the shutdown.